Welcome to the C2L family! We are so excited you have decided to take this journey with us.
We have enlisted the services of local fitness experts, dietitians, executive chef, medical personnel, and YMCA staff to collaborate and provide this awesome weight loss program. Last years participants lost a total of 457.4 pounds. This year’s program includes nutrition seminars with our registered dietitian, seminars from medical doctors and health experts, hands on cooking demos, a couch to 5k program with CRAW, and weekly fitness classes exclusively for C2L participants. This years participants will be placed in groups to encourage and motivate one another. Each group has an assigned leader who is there to offer support and knowledge.
Reach your goals by participating in all that C2L has to offer!
Starts: November 20th, 2017
Ends: December 27th, 2017
**REGISTRATION CAN BE COMPLETED AT THE MEMBER SERVICES DESK**
Starts: January 7th, 2018 (Kick-off event at 1pm)
Ends: March 29th, 2018 (Weigh-out event at 6pm)
**Additional weigh in and weigh out times can be scheduled if you cannot attend the set date.
Non-Members: $149.00 (includes 3 month Y membership)
What to Expect?
- 12 weeks of specialized group exercise and aquatics classes
- Couch to 5k training with CRAW
- Education on weight loss strategies, changes in weight and medicine, and caring for your body while exercising by our experts and special guests
- Nutrition seminars with Registered Dietitian
- Hands on cooking demonstrations
- C2L t-shirt
- Membership and cash prizes for most weight lost along with participation drawings
- NEW LIFESTYLE FOR A NEW YOU
- C2L prohibits anyone who is pregnant at the start of the Challenge as well as anyone who has had bariatric surgery within the past year or plans for the surgery during the YMCA C2L.
- All participants are required to consult their family physician prior to entering and participating in the YMCA C2L.
- Each participant will be required to sign waiver form holding Waynesboro Area YMCA and all leadership [staff and volunteers] harmless.
- All entry fees are non-refundable. Financial Assistance is not available for entry fees.
- We invite participants of all ages (minimum age to enter is 13). Anyone under the age of 18 must have signed parent/guardian permission as well as written physician’s consent.
- Any participant opting to not participate in either the initial weigh-in/ or final weigh-out will not be eligible for prizes.
- YMCA Choose 2 Lose [C2L] is a 12 week weight loss/exercise/nutrition program designed to inspire participants to make better lifestyle choices and changes.
- You will be participating individually but will be grouped into support squads with other challengers. The squad will encourage and motivate one another. Squads will be supported by the squad leader, an expert volunteer with health/weight loss experience.
- Each participant is encouraged to participate in an initial weigh-in, bi-weekly weigh-ins, and a final weigh-out. We will be taking heart rate, weight, percent body fat, and blood pressure. Any participant opting not to participate in either the initial weigh-in/ or final weigh-out will not be eligible for prizes.
- Participants are encouraged to attend specialized group exercise classes, educational seminars, and all hands-on experiences.
- The 6 min walking test(done at the weigh-in and weigh-out) is optional but highly recommended. There is no additional charge to C2L participants for the test. The walking tests shows cardiovascular fitness and how you have improved throughout the program. It is measured via heart rate and distance.