Choose 2 Change has a fresh feeling for 2019, with a focus on individuals goals, creating a supportive community, fun challenges, and an emphasis on overall health. While the program is still ideal for anyone needing to lose weight, we are also going to address other aspects of health and wellness, and allow participants to set their own goals. Some examples may include: learning how to run; building upper body strength; breaking a negative cycle with food; or understanding how to fit workouts into an already hectic schedule.
Starts: November 24th, 2018
Ends: January 12, 2019
**REGISTRATION CAN BE COMPLETED AT THE MEMBER SERVICES DESK**
Starts: January 6th, 2019 (Kick-off event at 1pm)
Ends: March 31st, 2019 (Finisher Celebration at 1pm)
Non-Members: $180.00 (includes 3 month Y membership)
What to Expect?
- 12 weeks of specialized group classes, educational and motivational seminars, and a weekly fellowship meeting
- Walk to run 5k training with CRAW
- Education on fitness strategies, healthy eating, setting smart goals, and caring for your body while exercising by our experts and special guests
- Nutrition seminars and healthy eating strategies
- 6 fun challenges with the opportunity to win prizes
- C2C Finisher shirt and celebration!
- C2C prohibits anyone who is pregnant at the start of the challenge as well as anyone who plans to have bariatric surgery during the YMCA C2C.
- All participants are required to consult their family physician prior to entering and participating in the YMCA C2C.
- Each participant will be required to sign waiver form holding Waynesboro Area YMCA and all leadership [staff and volunteers] harmless.
- All entry fees are non-refundable. Financial Assistance is not available for entry fees.
- We invite participants of all ages (minimum age to enter is 16). Anyone under the age of 18 must have signed parent/guardian permission as well as written physician’s consent.
- To be considered a “Finisher”, participants must attend 4 out of the 6 goal assessment checks, and participate in 2 out of the 6 challenges.