NOW HIRING… in ALL areas of the YMCA!
HEAD SWIM COACH
The Waynesboro WAVES Swim Team (YMCA) has an opening for Head Swim Coach. Qualifications for this part-time position include prior swim coaching as well as competitive swimming experience preferred. The successful candidate will have the ability to organize and direct swim practices for all levels and abilities. The successful candidate must also communicate clearly and precisely both orally and in writing. The Head Swim Coach will operate under the general supervision and guidance of the Swim Team Parents Association, the YMCA Aquatics Director and ultimately reports to the Executive Director of the YMCA. The possession of a valid driver’s license, child abuse, state police, and FBI clearances is required. Resumes will be accepted until the successful candidate is hired. Resumes along with references should be submitted to:
Waynesboro Area YMCA
810 E. Main St.
Waynesboro, PA 17268
Must have American Red Cross Certification or other recognized rescue certification such as Boy Scouts of America or Ellis Guarding. Our facility has 2 indoor pools- 25-meter lap swim pool and shallow water rehabilitation pool. Activities requiring guards include swim lessons, open swim, lap swim, party rentals, and swim team practice. Day, evening & weekend shifts available. Membership benefits as well as flexible scheduling options.
Before & After School Care
The Waynesboro, PA YMCA is expanding our Before and After School care program into all the Elementary Schools in the area, and are in need of Before and After School Counselors.
- Team Player
- Enthusiastic working with youth
- Willing to get all necessary clearances
Locations: Fairview, Hooverville, Mowrey, Summitview, Greencastle
Interested candidates can either apply online or stop by our Member Services Desk to complete an application.
HEALTH & WELLNESS
Our Personal Trainers work both one-on-one and in small groups with members and program participants to help people develop a healthy lifestyle and meet fitness goals. Utilizing fitness knowledge and experience, Personal Trainers act as “fitness experts” for YMCA members.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age
- Must maintain CPR & First Aid Certification
- Must have current nationally recognized personal training certification or YUSA Strength and Conditioning Certification
- Bachelor’s degree in the field preferred
- Must be able to work day time hours and weekends
The Y offers a safe and supportive environment, competitive pay, and Y staff is provided with free Y memberships.
Job Type: Part-time, morning availability preferred
If you have any additional questions, please call 717-762-6012.
MEMBER SERVICES ASSOCIATE
Description: This position is responsible for operating and maintaining the Welcome Center services and systems. Greet and welcome all members and guests of the YMCA and develop relationships that ensure member retention and satisfaction.
- High-School Diploma or GED
- Strong computer, communication and organizational skills
- Report to work on time with a positive, friendly attitude
- Experience in customer service
Job Details: Part-time position. Hours are weekdays and some weekends.
SPORTS & RECREATION
Description: Under the direction of the Sports and Recreation Director the Teen Coordinator is responsible for planning and implementing youth development and teen activities for the Waynesboro Area YMCA. The focus is placed on the YMCA core values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.
- High-School Diploma or GED or Bachelor’s degree in process
- Strong supervisory and organizational skills required
- Must have the ability and patience to instruct and supervise individuals on a daily basis
- Experience in teen programming and planning with the mission of youth development and social responsibility
- Must have or be able to receive CPR/AED and First Aid training
- Must complete ALL required clearances prior to starting
Job Details: Part-time position. Hours are from 2:30-6 pm Monday-Friday