BEFORE & AFTER SCHOOL CHILD CARE
NOW HIRING FOR 2022-2023 SCHOOL YEAR!
The families of Franklin County depend on the Waynesboro Area YMCA to provide quality childcare for their students during the school year. With childcare sites conveniently located in all the elementary schools in the WASD, as well as a Greencastle location, parents are able to meet their work obligations knowing our children are being cared for in a structured, and safe environment in which they can play, learn and grow.
Won’t you join our Team? Are you able to work just a few short hours in the morning and/or afternoon to provide quality care and peace of mind for our Franklin County families? Do you have other days available for ‘School’s Out’ days?
- Casual Dress & No Weekends!
- Starting wages are $11/hour, earn more as a returning staff member!
- Free Child Care while you’re working for the Y, 20% discount on additional child care needs!
- Free Y membership, discounts for additional family members!
- End of School Year bonus: complete the school year and receive a BONUS!
Successful Candidates will have:
- High School Diploma or GED (required)
- Minimum of 2 years (2500 hours) documented experience working with children (required)
- Must have at least 2 favorable written references.
- Submission of all required Employee File clearances and documents as required by PA Code 3270, DHS, and OCDEL, which provides the licensing for this program.
Locations: Fairview, Hooverville, Mowrey, Summitview, Greencastle
Interested candidates can either apply online or stop by our Member Services Desk to complete an application.
Share the Y Hiring Flyer by clicking here!
Must have American Red Cross Certification or other recognized rescue certification such as Boy Scouts of America or Ellis Guarding. Our facility has 2 indoor pools- 25-meter lap swim pool and shallow water rehabilitation pool. Seasonal guarding positions are available at an outdoor pool in Waynesboro.
Activities requiring guards include swim lessons, open swim, lap swim, party rentals, and swim team practice. Day, evening & weekend shifts available. Membership benefits as well as flexible scheduling options.
HEALTH & WELLNESS
Our Personal Trainers work both one-on-one and in small groups with members and program participants to help people develop a healthy lifestyle and meet fitness goals. Utilizing fitness knowledge and experience, Personal Trainers act as “fitness experts” for YMCA members.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age
- Must maintain CPR & First Aid Certification
- Must have current nationally recognized personal training certification or YUSA Strength and Conditioning Certification
- Bachelor’s degree in the field preferred
- Must be able to work day time hours and weekends
The Y offers a safe and supportive environment, competitive pay, and Y staff is provided with free Y memberships.
Job Type: Part-time, morning availability preferred
If you have any additional questions, please call 717-762-6012.
Do you like talking with people? Seeing friendly faces? Helping others? And multiple opportunities to meet new friends! If so, we are actively hiring customer service representatives for our front desk.
Won’t you join our Membership Team as a Member Service Representative?
We offer very reasonable, flexible and short shifts – easy to work into any busy schedule!
· A great team-building atmosphere!
· Starting wage is $11/hour!
· Free YMCA membership for employee OR discounted family membership for employee and family!
Successful Candidates will have:
· A friendly and outgoing personality
· Ability to communicate professionally and efficiently
· Basic computer skills and ability to learn IT processes
· Must be willing to work weekdays and/or weekends (successful candidate will have a set scheduled shift when hired)
SPORTS & RECREATION
Are you an athlete with a gymnastics background? Are you interested in teaching children the skills and disciplines of gymnastics? Are you motivated to provide a positive influence for children? If so, the Waynesboro Area YMCA invites you to apply for the position of Gymnastics Instructor.
- Supervise and instruct team participants on proper use of equipment
Setting up and tearing down of gymnastics equipment on days worked
Able to give positive and corrective feedback to children
Able to assess children’s ability and teach skills appropriate to that ability
Always keep facility and equipment clean and well-maintained
- Part-Time 3-15 hrs. a week
- $9.00+ an hour Based on experience free Y membership
Employee Referral Program:
Refer a friend and earn up to $150!
Upon start of employment,
current employee and new employee will earn $50,
after 90 days successful employment of the new employee,
you each earn another $100!
CLICK here to share our flyer
with your friend!
*Before and After School Elementary Age Child Care
*After School Program for Middle School Students
*Customer Service Representatives/Member Services
- Imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day positively impacts people’s lives!
- No matter what role you take on at the Y, you’ll show up each day with the satisfaction of knowing your contributions are helping to empower young people, improve health and well-being, and inspire action in your community.
- Working side by side with diverse leaders with different backgrounds, perspectives and strengths, you’ll discover new ways to connect with your community, find your purpose and fuel your passion every day!
- We work relentlessly to strengthen communities, starting with our To help you reach your full potential, the Y offers coaching and training through a comprehensive leadership development and certification system.