Must have American Red Cross Certification or other recognized rescue certification such as Boy Scouts of America or Ellis Guarding. Our facility has 2 indoor pools- 25-meter lap swim pool and shallow water rehabilitation pool. Activities requiring guards include swim lessons, open swim, lap swim, party rentals, and swim team practice. Day, evening & weekend shifts available. Membership benefits as well as flexible scheduling options.
Before & After School Care
Are you motivated to provide a positive influence in children’s lives? Are you looking for a flexible schedule to meet your family’s needs? The Waynesboro Area YMCA is currently seeking qualified candidates for our Before and After School child care programs as well as full day care programs for school aged children. Paraprofessionals encouraged to apply.
The Y understands that families face unprecedented challenges in navigating the return to school. We are working closely with area school districts in preparing our traditional programs, in addition to adding new child care programs to meet the needs of our community, including virtual learning.
Minimum of high school diploma and 2500 hours experience working with children needed for all positions. Degree in education or a related field a plus. Pay commensurate with experience/education.
· Lead the children in a manner that will give them a caring, structured, and safe environment in which to play, learn and grow.
· Directly supervise (see, hear, direct, and assess) the children in care at all times.
· Maintain a clean, safe, and well-organized child care space.
· Follow the regulations and policies set forth by the Department of Human Services.
Locations: Fairview, Hooverville, Mowrey, Summitview, Greencastle
Interested candidates can either apply online or stop by our Member Services Desk to complete an application.
HEALTH & WELLNESS
Our Personal Trainers work both one-on-one and in small groups with members and program participants to help people develop a healthy lifestyle and meet fitness goals. Utilizing fitness knowledge and experience, Personal Trainers act as “fitness experts” for YMCA members.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age
- Must maintain CPR & First Aid Certification
- Must have current nationally recognized personal training certification or YUSA Strength and Conditioning Certification
- Bachelor’s degree in the field preferred
- Must be able to work day time hours and weekends
The Y offers a safe and supportive environment, competitive pay, and Y staff is provided with free Y memberships.
Job Type: Part-time, morning availability preferred
If you have any additional questions, please call 717-762-6012.
SPORTS & RECREATION
Are you an athlete with a gymnastics background? Are you interested in teaching children the skills and disciplines of gymnastics? Are you motivated to provide a positive influence for children? If so, the Waynesboro Area YMCA invites you to apply for the position of Gymnastics Instructor.
- Supervise and instruct team participants on proper use of equipment
Setting up and tearing down of gymnastics equipment on days worked
Able to give positive and corrective feedback to children
Able to assess children’s ability and teach skills appropriate to that ability
Always keep facility and equipment clean and well-maintained
- Part-Time 3-15 hrs. a week
- $9.00+ an hour Based on experience free Y membership
BE PART OF SOMETHING TRULY AMAZING!
WORK AT THE WAYNESBORO AREA YMCA CAMP THIS SUMMER…it’s more than a summer job it’s an experience of a lifetime.
Not only is the job fun, but it’s also rewarding.
You’ll become a better leader, coach, mentor, and critical thinker, as you learn about responsibility, productivity, accountability, and conflict resolution.
HURRY…don’t miss this opportunity!