NOW HIRING FOR 2021-2022 SCHOOL YEAR!
The families of Franklin County depend on the Waynesboro Area YMCA to provide quality childcare for their students during the school year. With childcare sites conveniently located in all the elementary schools in the WASD, as well as a Greencastle location, parents are able to meet their work obligations knowing our children are being cared for in a structured, and safe environment in which they can play, learn and grow.
Won’t you join our Team? Are you able to work just a few short hours in the morning and/or afternoon to provide quality care and peace of mind for our Franklin County families? Do you have other days available for ‘School’s Out’ days?
- Casual Dress & No Weekends!
- Starting wages are $11/hour, earn more as a returning staff member!
- Free Child Care while you’re working for the Y, 20% discount on additional child care needs!
- Free Y membership, discounts for additional family members!
- End of School Year bonus: complete the school year and receive a BONUS!
Successful Candidates will have:
- High School Diploma or GED (required)
- Minimum of 2 years (2500 hours) documented experience working with children (required)
- Must have at least 2 favorable written references.
- Submission of all required Employee File clearances and documents as required by PA Code 3270, DHS, and OCDEL, which provides the licensing for this program.
Locations: Fairview, Hooverville, Mowrey, Summitview, Greencastle
Interested candidates can either apply online or stop by our Member Services Desk to complete an application.
Share the Y Hiring Flyer by clicking here!
Must have American Red Cross Certification or other recognized rescue certification such as Boy Scouts of America or Ellis Guarding. Our facility has 2 indoor pools- 25-meter lap swim pool and shallow water rehabilitation pool. Activities requiring guards include swim lessons, open swim, lap swim, party rentals, and swim team practice. Day, evening & weekend shifts available. Membership benefits as well as flexible scheduling options.
HEALTH & WELLNESS
Position Title: Wellness Center Attendant
- General knowledge of equipment and facility amenities
- Able to stand, walk, and move throughout the facility for a minimum of 3 hours
- Ability to pick up a minimum of 45 pounds
- Commitment to the YMCA and its purpose
- Friendly and helpful
- Greet and assist members with questions regarding the safe use and function of equipment. (This attendant is NOT a Personal Trainer.)
- To clean weight machines, cardio machines, and miscellaneous equipment in the Wellness Center with disinfectant
- To vacuum Wellness Center, Functional Training room, and Weight Room as time and occupancy permits
- Monitor the Wellness Center for unsafe or unacceptable behavior
- Refill disinfectant bottles as needed
- Refill paper towels as needed
- Any additional cleaning tasks as assigned
- Show responsibility and punctuality with assigned work schedule
- Represent the YMCA in a professional and positive manner
Supervisor: Senior Program Director
Mon –Thurs 8-11, 2-8
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
Our Personal Trainers work both one-on-one and in small groups with members and program participants to help people develop a healthy lifestyle and meet fitness goals. Utilizing fitness knowledge and experience, Personal Trainers act as “fitness experts” for YMCA members.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age
- Must maintain CPR & First Aid Certification
- Must have current nationally recognized personal training certification or YUSA Strength and Conditioning Certification
- Bachelor’s degree in the field preferred
- Must be able to work day time hours and weekends
The Y offers a safe and supportive environment, competitive pay, and Y staff is provided with free Y memberships.
Job Type: Part-time, morning availability preferred
If you have any additional questions, please call 717-762-6012.
SPORTS & RECREATION
Are you an athlete with a gymnastics background? Are you interested in teaching children the skills and disciplines of gymnastics? Are you motivated to provide a positive influence for children? If so, the Waynesboro Area YMCA invites you to apply for the position of Gymnastics Instructor.
- Supervise and instruct team participants on proper use of equipment
Setting up and tearing down of gymnastics equipment on days worked
Able to give positive and corrective feedback to children
Able to assess children’s ability and teach skills appropriate to that ability
Always keep facility and equipment clean and well-maintained
- Part-Time 3-15 hrs. a week
- $9.00+ an hour Based on experience free Y membership