We are looking for a dynamic youth development leader to lead our school aged care programs and summer day camp.
The School-Age Child Care Director will develop, organize, and implement high-quality YMCA School Age program(s) including Before and After School Programming and Summer Day Camps. This position supports the work of the YMCA, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. Our focus is youth development – ensuring all kids in our community have the opportunity to reach their full potential. We are looking for a responsible leader that is excited by the prospect of developing and leading the operations of our licensed childcare programs.
- Minimum age of 21.
- Bachelor’s degree in education, human services, related field preferred.
- One to two years supervisory or leadership experience preferred, overseeing multiple sites is a plus.
- Experience and knowledge of licensed and unlicensed youth development programming requirements.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally.
- Demonstrated skills with child behavior management and child abuse prevention practices.
- Ability to respond to safety and emergency situations.
- Typical requirements within 30 days of hire include completion of Child Abuse Prevention; CPR; First Aid; AED; Bloodborne Pathogens; TB Test (upon hire).
- Fulfillment of state-specific hiring standards and completion of YMCA program-specific certifications.
- Manages, directs, and coordinates the school-age programs for five licensed locations. Ensures high-quality programs designed to provide a safe and enriching experience.
- Plans, oversees and facilitates a summer day camp program geared towards first though fifth grade.
- Recruits, hires, trains, develops, schedules, and directs personnel and volunteers as needed. Reviews and evaluates staff performance.
- Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals.
- Develops, manages, and controls budgets related to the department. Ensures program operates within budget and that program fees are collected. Supports and budgets for healthy eating through coaching, mentoring, and monitoring menu quality.
- Assures compliance with state and local regulations as they relate to program areas.
- Ensures that YMCA program standards are met and safety procedures followed.
- Ensures staff and children follow safety policies and procedures. Ensures Child Abuse Prevention policies are followed. Reports any safety violations immediately through YMCA reporting protocols.
- Develops and maintains relationships with state childcare licensing agency, school administration, parent groups and other organizations and agencies related to assigned programs. Responds to all agency, parent and community inquiries and complaints in a timely manner.
- Maintains proper records/department files.
- Responds to parent concerns in a timely manner.
- Participates in community meetings relating to school-age/childcare.
- Assists in the marketing and distribution of program information.
- Compiles program statistics. Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of and participation in program.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $36,000.00 – $40,000.00 per year
BEFORE & AFTER SCHOOL CHILD CARE
NOW HIRING FOR 2022-2023 SCHOOL YEAR!
The families of Franklin County depend on the Waynesboro Area YMCA to provide quality childcare for their students during the school year. With childcare sites conveniently located in all the elementary schools in the WASD, as well as a Greencastle location, parents are able to meet their work obligations knowing our children are being cared for in a structured, and safe environment in which they can play, learn and grow.
Won’t you join our Team? Are you able to work just a few short hours in the morning and/or afternoon to provide quality care and peace of mind for our Franklin County families? Do you have other days available for ‘School’s Out’ days?
- Casual Dress & No Weekends!
- Starting wages are $11/hour, earn more as a returning staff member!
- Free Child Care while you’re working for the Y, 20% discount on additional child care needs!
- Free Y membership, discounts for additional family members!
- End of School Year bonus: complete the school year and receive a BONUS!
Successful Candidates will have:
- High School Diploma or GED (required)
- Minimum of 2 years (2500 hours) documented experience working with children (required)
- Must have at least 2 favorable written references.
- Submission of all required Employee File clearances and documents as required by PA Code 3270, DHS, and OCDEL, which provides the licensing for this program.
Locations: Fairview, Hooverville, Mowrey, Summitview, Greencastle
Interested candidates can either apply online or stop by our Member Services Desk to complete an application.
Share the Y Hiring Flyer by clicking here!
Must have American Red Cross Certification or other recognized rescue certification such as Boy Scouts of America or Ellis Guarding. Our facility has 2 indoor pools- 25-meter lap swim pool and shallow water rehabilitation pool. Seasonal guarding positions are available at an outdoor pool in Waynesboro.
Activities requiring guards include swim lessons, open swim, lap swim, party rentals, and swim team practice. Day, evening & weekend shifts available. Membership benefits as well as flexible scheduling options.
HEALTH & WELLNESS
Our Personal Trainers work both one-on-one and in small groups with members and program participants to help people develop a healthy lifestyle and meet fitness goals. Utilizing fitness knowledge and experience, Personal Trainers act as “fitness experts” for YMCA members.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age
- Must maintain CPR & First Aid Certification
- Must have current nationally recognized personal training certification or YUSA Strength and Conditioning Certification
- Bachelor’s degree in the field preferred
- Must be able to work day time hours and weekends
The Y offers a safe and supportive environment, competitive pay, and Y staff is provided with free Y memberships.
Job Type: Part-time, morning availability preferred
If you have any additional questions, please call 717-762-6012.
Do you like talking with people? Seeing friendly faces? Helping others? And multiple opportunities to meet new friends! If so, we are actively hiring customer service representatives for our front desk.
Won’t you join our Membership Team?
We offer very reasonable, flexible and short shifts – easy to work into any busy schedule!
· A great team-building atmosphere!
· Starting wage is $11/hour!
· Free YMCA membership for employee OR discounted family membership for employee and family!
Successful Candidates will have:
· A friendly and outgoing personality
· Ability to communicate professionally and efficiently
· Basic computer skills and ability to learn IT processes
· Must be willing to work weekdays and/or weekends (successful candidate will have a set scheduled shift when hired)
SPORTS & RECREATION
BUS DRIVER Licensed Bus Drivers for our 2022 Summer Camp season!
Job Title: Bus Driver
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt Wage: $15.00/hour
Reports to: Sports & Rec Director Revision Date: 2/14/2022
Provides safe transportation to and from program sites while maintaining a supportive and positive atmosphere. May also provide support in other areas as assigned.
- Drives bus safely according to YMCA policies and procedures and state laws.
- Completes thorough before-and-after trip checks each day and record all information. Records fuel level, mileage, and maintenance on designated forms.
- Preform the following tasks: Clean bus after use, Fill fuel tank following each trip, complete travel log, return and secure keys, submit meal and fuel receipts.
- Promotes safety at all times by keeping first aid supplies fully stocked.
- Ensures that bus rules are announced and followed.
- Develops friendly and positive relationships among staff, volunteers, parents, and children.
- Communicates regularly with other staff members and supervisor.
- Minimum one year work experience as a bus driver.
- Possess appropriate class license.
- Knowledge of the rules/guidelines related to commercial passenger vehicles (bus).
- Certifications required within 30 days of hire: CPR and First Aid.
- Desire and ability to work with children.
- Possesses and maintains necessary clearances.
- Track record of building relationships with staff, volunteers, and parents.
- Ability to safely drive a bus for long periods of time.
- Ability to respond to emergency situations.
- Visual and auditory ability to identify and respond to environmental and other hazards
related to the activity.
Or stop in the Waynesboro Area YMCA to apply.
Are you an athlete with a gymnastics background? Are you interested in teaching children the skills and disciplines of gymnastics? Are you motivated to provide a positive influence for children? If so, the Waynesboro Area YMCA invites you to apply for the position of Gymnastics Instructor.
- Supervise and instruct team participants on proper use of equipment
Setting up and tearing down of gymnastics equipment on days worked
Able to give positive and corrective feedback to children
Able to assess children’s ability and teach skills appropriate to that ability
Always keep facility and equipment clean and well-maintained
- Part-Time 3-15 hrs. a week
- $9.00+ an hour Based on experience free Y membership